THE BRBC VISION
The vision of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council in the years ahead is to be the region's premier business organization, one that will work with its membership to create an environment where:
- Small business is attracted and thrives
- Communities and organizations are collaborative
- Identified economic development projects that are part of an overall economic development vision are successful
THE BRBC MISSION
The mission of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council is to increase the economic opportunities for the people of the Bridgeport Region by acting to create an environment for business expansion, retention, and recruitment that will result in jobs and tax base growth.
- This mission is premised on the following assumptions: The economic growth of the City of Bridgeport is key to the growth and stability of the region.
- The ratio between residential and commercial and industrial tax burden in Bridgeport must be shifted, i.e., the proportion of 65% of the tax burden coming from residential taxpayers and 35% from non-residential must be turned around.
- In order to prevent a mass exodus of middle class taxpayers as property taxes increase, significant growth in the grand list must occur.
- Significant growth in the grand list comes from significant capital investment.
- And, significant private capital investment will result after public investment improves infrastructure and public facilities.
THE ROLES OF THE BRBC
The roles of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council are:
- To be a leader, initiator, and facilitator in local and regional economic development efforts
- To be an advocate for our members and the business community at large in the halls of government
- To be a business and community booster by inspiring business investment to our region via positive reporting on economic development and business innovation
- To be a leader in efforts to raise the level of regional cooperation
- To foster business growth via the delivery of networking, professional development, and marketing opportunities to members and the business community at large