BRBC BLOGS - MEMBERS & STAFF
MEMBER BLOG: SEVEN NETWORKING TIPS
February 5, 2016
Jon Sinish, Sinish Marketing Communications
7 Ways to Ease Into This Wednesday's Business After Hours at People's United Bank
Networking – such as the BRBC's Big Business After Hours event at People's United Bank this Wednesday – is a prime place for you to find more business contacts and create more partnerships for your business.
Here are a few observations I have gathered to help you expand your circle of contacts at the event.
1. Enjoy yourself and the sociability of the event. Everyone wears name tags. Read them to help identify people you want to talk with. Or just ask!
2. Be ready to focus on actively listening to others and participate in group conversations.
3. Be yourself.
MEMBER BLOG: Good Reasons to File Your Tax Return Early
January 22, 2016
Robert Vieira, Dworken, Hillman, LaMorte & Sterczala, P.C.
Some Good Reasons to File Your Tax Return Early
Tax season is upon us. Some people dread this time of year and procrastinate to the last couple of weeks or days till the tax return is due. As a taxpayer there are many advantages to filing your return as early as possible. One of the easiest ways to get your tax return done early is to start organizing during the year and provide your tax documents to your accountant as soon as possible. Fully completing the tax organizer you are provided reduces follow up questions and allows your return to be completed efficiently.
Here are 5 reasons to file your taxes early:
MEMBER BLOG: Health Tips for Holiday Parties
January 4, 2016
Dr. Steven Heffer
HEALTH TIPS FOR HOLIDAY PARTIES
We’ve just rung in the New Year! And, many of us may still have holiday parties with friends, family and co-workers ahead of us. In fact, January is often the month we all catch up with people we couldn’t see in the final weeks of the prior year.
Research indicates that it’s not the parties that prompt us to eat, but being around friends and family that may lead to diet missteps. In a study conducted at Pennsylvania State University in University Park, researchers found that dining in a group causes the average person to eat 44 percent more calories than they normally would eating alone (Cooking Light, http://bit.ly/1QprICf).
So, here are a few tips to consider for the next month and for all your celebrations in 2016!
More Articles ...
- MEMBER BLOG: CONNECTICUT'S SMALL BUSINESS EXPRESS PROGRAM CAN PROVIDE MATCHING GRANTS FOR SOME BUSINESSES
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Employment Laws You Didn’t Know Existed...Why Your Payroll Deductions are Probably Illegal
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Wage Payment Laws
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Employment Laws Employment Terms
- MEMBER BLOG: New Credit Card Technology Helps Fight Fraud
- MEMBER BLOG: What's your Geek Speak?
Page 6 of 12