BRBC BLOGS - MEMBERS & STAFF
MEMBER BLOG : Selfie, Professional Headshot or “The Silhouette”
June 19, 2015
Roger Salls, Roger Salls Photography
Selfie, Professional Headshot or “The Silhouette”
We have all seen selfies. They’re everywhere, and they range from the humorous to the “I wish I could unsee that.” Selfies do have their place in casual communication: Facebook, texts, and emails to friends. But that place is not on a resume, LinkedIn profile picture, or any other place you want to look professional. A selfie as your electronic representation is worth exactly what you paid.
Using “The Silhouette” on LinkedIn or “The Egg” on Twitter as your profile picture sends a message that you’re lazy, cheap, or you don’t care what people think.
MEMBER BLOG : WHO NEEDS VIDEO?
June 15, 2015
Byron Campbell, Firelight Media Group
Who Needs Video?
If you are in a business - B2B or B2C - and you want to grow, you need to incorporate video into your marketing plan.
Really - do you know how important video is for your business in today’s economy?
Google does. In the business world, video programing is a key component in corporate marketing. Google purchased youtube.com and is integrating sights with video into their searches. If you haven’t noticed yet, sites with video and YouTube videos are starting to show up higher and higher on organic searches.
- Videos show up in Google search results.
- Videos stand out in the search results.
- Videos can actually rank better than your website.
- Videos keep people on your website longer.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet!
MEMBER BLOG: Using Social Media as Part of Your Branding Strategy
June 1, 2015
Cindy Cavoto, Firebrand Social Media
Using Social Media as Part of Your Branding Strategy
In today’s digital world, there’s no question that the most powerful marketing tool a business can leverage today is the internet. In particular, social media marketing can really drive the ongoing success and future growth of a company, regardless of size or industry. But is social media the be-all-and-end-all? Not necessarily. Let’s take a look at the role SMM plays within a robust marketing plan and how it can support your branding efforts.
More Articles ...
- MEMBER BLOG: What is your most important resource?
- MEMBER BLOG: No One Clicks on a TV Ad
- MEMBER BLOG: Mobilized…my website is missing on a smart phone…what happened?
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Employment Laws You Didn’t Know Existed
- MEMBER BLOG: Workplace Bullying
- MEMBER BLOG: The Latest Scam – Filing Bogus Tax Returns in Your Name
Page 10 of 12