BRBC BLOGS - MEMBERS & STAFF
MEMBER BLOG: Get Money: Develop Your Staff
February 26, 2016
Mary Beth Nelsen, The Right Resource
Get Money: Develop Your Staff
How would you like a good chunk of change to help you develop your staff’s skills?
The State of Connecticut Department of Labor is eager to help you train your team and stay competitive.
I am happy to tell our clients they may be eligible for reimbursement of 50% of training costs from $5,000 up to $100, 000 through the Department of Labor’s State Incumbent Worker Training Program.
MEMBER BLOG: Billboard Hits and Fails
February 18, 2016
Bob Abbate, Bob Abbate Marketing
Billboard Hits and Fails
I have the honor to serve on the Marketing Committee of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council. During a recent committee meeting, one of my colleagues suggested that we should consider running a billboard campaign to encourage Bridgeport area businesses to join the BRBC. By the end of that meeting we had secured space on a few billboards, and were well on our way to crafting the message. Here are the boards that are now up and running in the Bridgeport area:
MEMBER BLOG: SEVEN NETWORKING TIPS
February 5, 2016
Jon Sinish, Sinish Marketing Communications
7 Ways to Ease Into This Wednesday's Business After Hours at People's United Bank
Networking – such as the BRBC's Big Business After Hours event at People's United Bank this Wednesday – is a prime place for you to find more business contacts and create more partnerships for your business.
Here are a few observations I have gathered to help you expand your circle of contacts at the event.
1. Enjoy yourself and the sociability of the event. Everyone wears name tags. Read them to help identify people you want to talk with. Or just ask!
2. Be ready to focus on actively listening to others and participate in group conversations.
3. Be yourself.
More Articles ...
- MEMBER BLOG: Good Reasons to File Your Tax Return Early
- MEMBER BLOG: Health Tips for Holiday Parties
- MEMBER BLOG: CONNECTICUT'S SMALL BUSINESS EXPRESS PROGRAM CAN PROVIDE MATCHING GRANTS FOR SOME BUSINESSES
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Employment Laws You Didn’t Know Existed...Why Your Payroll Deductions are Probably Illegal
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Wage Payment Laws
- MEMBER BLOG: Connecticut Employment Laws Employment Terms
Page 4 of 11